New in app:
- Added red/yellow fire warnings.
- Added Chinese titles for all the warnings on the details page.
- TC Track page now displays the typhoon name.
- TC Track page displays the track images even if there is no T warning in HK. i.e. there is a track of a far off typhoon.
- Tiny aesthetic changes to the settings view and the details page.
- Fixed a bug on the TC track page where the images would stack up one on top of the other.
- If you have chosen Chinese warnings, then pressing the “Open in Safari” link will open the Chinese version of the page.
- Now it doesn’t bail out totally if there is an issue loading the TC track images when everything else is OK.
- Changed default startup image.
New in middle tier:
- Additional defensive code.
- Refactored a bit.
- Now always returns the typhoon track images, if there are any.
- Also doesn’t bail out if there is an issue loading the TC track images when everything else is OK.
The typhoon track image logic is all new. Not completely tested. Not sure what will happen if there is no typhoon to track.
Hopefully I’ve got the Chinese right !
If there are typhoon track images to load, the app startup time will be a little longer than before. My testing show’s it’s not too bad. I’ve seen a max of 4 seconds, average of 2 seconds. If there are no track images, it should be as fast as before. It will all depend on network speed and how responsive the HK Observatory web server is. Please let me know if it’s too slow and annoying.
Thanks again for your help!